Get Involvedbecome a dj at ksjc
How It Works
All KSJC DJs are volunteers from the community who have a passion for music and love sharing it. We provide the technical training and a vast library of music from a wide variety of musical genres. DJs are also welcome to bring in their own music to supplement the musical selections from our music library.
set a date
Arrange a time and date to attend your DJ training sessions at KSJC.
Fill the airwaves with all the content that makes your heart sing!
Expectations and regulations of DJs:
DJs shall adhere to station procedures, which include but are not limited to:
- Signing and dating the paper Program Log;
- Following the computer Program Log, which includes airing underwriting messages, public service announcements and other pre-recorded information specified in the Program Log;
- Announcing or airing a pre-recorded KSJC legal ID within 5 minutes of the top of each hour;
- Monitoring the operation of studio equipment;
- Arrive at the station at least 15 minutes prior to the beginning of a DJs show. Notify the on-air DJ or a staff person if a DJ will be arriving later than 15 minutes prior to you show.
- If a DJ is unable to host show, it is the DJ’s responsibility to notify the Program Director and to provide a replacement.
- If a scheduled DJ has not arrived by the end of a show and no staff person is at the station, the DJ will contact the person scheduled. If that fails, the DJ will consult the emergency contact List in the on-air studio. A DJ will not leave the station until contact is made with either the next scheduled DJ or someone on the emergency contact list.
- If an emergency arises that requires a DJ to leave the building, the DJ will contact someone on the emergency contact list or another DJ prior to leaving the building.
- If a DJ plans to have guests, musicians or co-hosts on-air during a show, the DJ must make prior arrangements with the Program Director.
KSJC Facility Rules and Regulations:
- CDs and albums are to remain at the studio at all times. DJs will accurately file CDs and albums at the end of each program.
- Volunteers will safely use and maintain equipment.
- Smoking and the use of illegal drugs are prohibited in the studio. Being under the influence of alcohol and/or illegal drugs while on-air is also prohibited.
- Food is prohibited in the on-air and production studios.
- Pets, with the exception of guide dogs, are prohibited in the on-air and production studios.
- If no staff person is present, the on-air DJ is responsible for what occurs within the building.